[dha-list] New Rules

mitcht at videotron.ca mitcht at videotron.ca
Mon Jan 31 21:54:23 EST 2022

To all parents and players,

We want to thank everybody in advance for the efforts that it is going to take to make the present rules functional and allow our players back on the ice.

We hope these new rules are extremely temporary and with each update from the government we should see more leniency.

Here are the following rules that need to be followed.

Team managers will be responsible to ensure that their team is following all the protocols below.

Again temporarily  we are asking all players Atom and below to come fully dressed with the exception of skates (Or with skates and guards).

To expedite the coming and going between ice times we ask that you leave completely dressed. To takeoff a player skates should take one or two minutes maximum.

If we do not do it this way there is a log jam of parents and players.

We also ask that you do not show up in the rink  more than 10 minutes before your ice time.

MAHG, Novice and Atom;

We will not be using the dressing rooms we will only be using ring side seating.

Only one Parent per player may accompany the player to the rink. If you are putting on their skates There will be 25 chairs in each rink. Once your child is on the ice the parents must return to the same chair and stay there for the practice. You are not allowed to wander around.

Masks must be worn at all times. Players must wear their mask until they enter the ice surface.

Without your cooperation this will not work and the city will not allow any parents in the building. We must do our best to make this functional.

Peewee, Bantam and Midget

There are no parents allowed in the building and/or in the arena.

The dressing room capacity marked on the door cannot be exceeded.

All players should come dressed waist down to limit the time in the dressing room. This will allow others to go in the room once they are done.

Please note you can forgo the dressing room and put on your skates and top half in the rink on the assigned chairs.

Masks must be worn at all times without exception this includes dressing room and hallways until you get on the ice surface.

There is no access to the dressing room level to anybody other than team staff or players.

There is no loitering at all in the main mall of the Civic Centre.

All players 13 above must be fully vaccinated. Please be prepared to show proof as well as a piece of ID.

Once again we are truly hoping that these regulations are very temporary. Please understand these are not our rules but they are our responsibility to maintain them so please help as much as you can.

We thank everybody again for all their support and patience to help get this season back on the road.

If you would like to assist on the Covid Committee to help maintain our rules and regulations please feel free to contact me at mitcht at videotron.ca

This will not be easy but let’s all try to make it work.

Many thanks

Dollard Hockey